Beginning > Government of The Balearic Islands>The Council of Government approves the Bill of Tourism of the Balearic Islands
Most current: 11/05/2012
The creation of a new Law of the Tourism appears as a result of the need of updating the existing touristic regulations adapting the elimination of the administrative obstacles|fetters to the current reality with the objective of allowing, guaranteeing the juridical security|certainty and modifying the obsolete legislation, as to|in essential element for the development of every economic|economical activity in general and touristic in particular.
Among|Between the purposes that he|she|it pursues the new law represents the need to regulate the reconversion of the obsolete touristic establishments that its|his|her|their touristic and economic|economical inviabilitat in other non touristic uses, as well as the ordering of the coparticipated touristic establishments and the improvement of the touristic zones justify.
Equally with these new regulations it is intended to improve the competitiveness of the sector in order to promote the economic|economical recovery|retrieval of the Balears.
Purpose of the Law:
1. - Improving the competitiveness of the destination with the creation of the Plans of Intervention in Touristic Areas (PIAT), of new figures, with the possibility of the change of use and the modernization of the obsolete offer and all this with a clear objective: the rehabilitation of the touristic zones.
2. - Creation and modernization of the coordinating touristic product the different performances|actions on the subject of ordering and promotion across the Advising Council|Piece of Advice of Tourism, the Interdepartmental Commission of Tourism and the Board of Batles for the Tourism.
3. - Improvement of the plant|floor of touristic establishments:
• Creation of new figures.
• Plan of modernization.
•Possibilitats and incentives in reforms of every type of establishments: hotels and complementary offer.
• Simplification, improvement or creation of rural tourism.
• Facilitating the new touristic establishments of quality.
4. - Offer il • legal: more control and hardening of the sanctions through a major interadministrative cooperation.
Government of The Balearic Islands: C/ de la Llotja, 3 - 07012 Palma
Telephone 012 - Fax 971 17 95 74
Legal information - Web version